Hi friends! Has anyone ever heard of Perfect Food Bars? If you haven’t, I’m about to tell you all about how fantastic they are. Wendy at Perfect Food Bars was kind enough to send me a sample pack of these bars to taste and write a review for all of you.
I can’t even try and tell you how good these are. After just taking ONE bite of the first flavor I tried (peanut butter, of course) I fell in love. They are SO different from any other bar. They don’t taste processed and are not filled with artificial flavors or refined sugars. They are REAL and packed with nutrients. I had one of these for a meal one day because my appetite was sort of off and it kept me full & satisfied for hours. I also split it and half and had it for dessert another time. The possibilities are endless.
There are five different flavors: peanut butter, almond butter, fruit & nut, carob chip, and cranberry crunch lite. I would try to tell you which one is my favorite, but they were honestly all SO delicious that I just can’t decide. Their website has a great list of ten reasons you should try these bars….
10. Simple Ingredients. Real Food. You can pronounce all of the ingredients without a chemistry degree.
9. Over 20 nutrient dense organic whole foods provide good vitamins and minerals on-the-go. Plus, with ingredients such as tomato, bell pepper, alfalfa and celery, you will finally be able to tell your mother that you’re eating your vegetables!
8. No Refined Sugar. Since the only sweetener we use is organic honey, your body can digest it slower than it would refined sugar. This means you’ll have long sustained energy without a crash.
7. Good source of fiber. Everyone knows fiber is important and aids in proper digestion.
6. Soy free. Research suggests soy consumption might be linked to several health conditions including: bloating, hormonal imbalance, unusual weight gain, and allergies. (Hidden Dangers of Soy by Dianne Gregg.) The problem with soy is that most products you find at the grocery store have some form of this ingredient – you have to know what to look for because it’s hidden in so many ingredients.
5. Handmade. These bars are handmade by happy people in sunny San Diego. We create jobs and support our local community. Besides, robots are kind of scary.
4. High in Omega-3s. Anti-inflammatory omega-3s are an important addition to your daily diet.
3. Gluten free. Whether you’ve been diagnosed with celiacs or have found that your body doesn’t digest gluten very well, we are committed to being gluten-free. We encourage everyone to read more about the ill effects of gluten on your body’s digestive system.
2. Refrigerated. Because there are no artificial ingredients or chemical preservatives these bars are stored in the fridge. Yum!
1. They taste amazing. PERIOD. Seriously, you really won’t even remember the 9 other reasons once you try a bar. They taste like cookie dough, but are packed with the nutrients your body needs to stay active!
I agree with every single one of these reasons. These are the perfect bars & I HIGHLY recommend them! Thank you so much Wendy for sending me a sample box, I will for sure be ordering more. ALSO, make sure you check them out on twitter & facebook!
Have a lovely week everyone 🙂
Disclaimer: I have personally reviewed the items above. My opinions are entirely mine.