Hi all! know I briefly mentioned that I’ve been super busy these past couple of weeks & that has been the reason for my absence! It’s often hard to get all my mandatory stuff for the day done AND find time to post. Now that my high school classes are officially done (AH) I will have plenty of more time to get back to blogging! I thought a good way to get back into the swing of things was to post my spring goals.
Goals are my favorite. I love setting them and having something to strive towards is, personally, ideal for me. What better time to set a bunch of goals than the start (kinda) of a new season? Here are mine for spring:
1. Set a new school record at my high school for the two mile This will definitely be a challenge, but it’s something I’m going to try really hard to accomplish. I know that I’ve put a lot of hard work in over the winter and I have a good base that can help me cut down a lot of time off of my current PR. It’s my last season of high school sports EVER, and I’m ready to go out with a bang.
2. Listen to my body This is a constant goal of mine, but something I’m going to try to work extra hard at this spring. I feel like sometimes I eat when I’m not hungry AT ALL, just simply bored. I get frustrated because my mind is hungry, not my body and it often messes up my real hunger cues. But nobody is perfect, right? Just sometime i’m going to work on.
3. Volunteer at a food shelter I’ve been wanting to do this for so long and I just haven’t gotten around to it. If I am more proactive and actually start to research somewhere I can go to help out, I know this can be easily done. I’ve done it once in the past and the experience was extremely rewarding.
4. Go on a budget This one is extra important. I’m going to college next year and I just can’t afford to be spending money on things that aren’t essential. Yes, panera is good once and awhile. No, panera is not good two times a week. I have to be more strict about this one, it sure is easy to slip. Note to self: I want that shirt, I don’t need that shirt.
5. Don’t sweat the small stuff Sometimes I feel like I worry too much and over-analyze certain things. While it’s good to be conscious of stuff, it’s not good to freak out about small little things that won’t matter in the long run. What’s meant to be will be.
6. Get more creative with meals While going through the blogs I read daily, I’m always envious of how creative everyone’s meals are! I think I want to start experimenting more and trying some new things. A pb&j sandwhich for lunch is getting real old. Since I’m out of school for good in just FIVE days, this will be easier! I’ll be home for lunch and won’t have to rush out the door with breakfast to go at 7 in the morning. I’ll certainly by doing some recipe hunting the next couple weeks.
If I work hard, I know that each and every one of these goals can be accomplished. I’m looking forward to a great senior spring!
Do you ever set goals for yourself? How do you try to accomplish them?
ALSO! GO ENTER MY CRUNCHMASTER CRACKERS GIVEAWAY!